Written By Billy Attridge
After a wild college football weekend the matchups are set for the College Football Playoff and the point spreads for those games opened around 12:30pm eastern Sunday afternoon. We can’t forget about the greatest college game played every year when Army and Navy battle for the Commander-in-Chief’s Trophy! Below are spreads for some of the biggest games ahead with the opening lines in bold, and the current number to the right of it. We also take a look at Week 14 NFL opening lines, as well.
Notable College Football Opening Point Spreads from BetOnline.ag:
Army vs. Navy (+5, +7)
Oklahoma vs. Alabama (-14, -14-109)
Notre Dame vs. Clemson (-12, -11.5)
Florida vs. Michigan (-6, -6.5)
LSU vs. UCF (+7.5, +7)
Washington vs. Ohio State (-4.5, -4.5)
Texas vs. Georgia (-10, -10)
* Navy leads the all-time series (60-51-7) in one of sports most storied rivalries. Navy rattled off 14 straight wins until 2016, when Army shocked them with a 21-17 victory. Army won last year as well, as Navy missed a game winning field goal with 30 seconds left. The tides have turned this year, as Army was installed as a 5-point favorite, and shot out to the key number of 7 early on.
* Oklahoma slipped into the 4th playoff spot, and the reward is Alabama. The Crimson Tide opened two touchdown favorites, and that number has held steady over the course of early betting. The total opened 79, a tad shorter than the Sooners-Longhorns total closed this past Saturday. Can Kyler Murray and the Oklahoma offense put up enough points to stay within the number.
* Clemson easily dismantled Pittsburgh, while Notre Dame had an extra week of rest as they did not have to participate in a conference championship game. Clemson opened across the market anywhere from -10.5 to -12, and has settled in around 11.5. The total opened 56, and since we’ve seen a slight dip to 55.
Week 14 NFL Opening Spreads:
Jacksonville @ Tennessee (-4)
Baltimore @ Kansas City (N/A – Flacco)
Indianapolis @ Houston (-4)
Carolina @ Cleveland (+1)
Atlanta @ Green Bay (-5)
New Orleans @ Tampa Bay (+7.5)
New York Jets @ Buffalo (N/A – Darnold)
New England @ Miami (+7.5)
Los Angeles Rams @ Chicago (N/A – Trubisky)
New York Giants @ Washington (-1.5)
Denver @ San Francisco (+5)
Cincinnati @ Los Angeles Chargers (-14.5)
Detroit @ Arizona (+2)
Philadelphia @ Dallas (-3.5)
Pittsburgh @ Oakland (+11.5)
Minnesota @ Seattle (-3)
* Carolina’s lost 4 straight and they’ll be on the highway for the 4th time in 5 weeks. The Panthers find themselves in desperate need for a win to keep their wildcard hopes alive. Cleveland lost on Sunday after a brutal offensive performance from Baker Mayfield; one in which he threw for almost 400 yards but turned it over 3 times in crucial spots. Carolina’s defense, and specifically their secondary may be a warm welcome for Baker at home.
* The Vikings brutal second half schedule continues, as they travel to Seattle for Monday night football. On the look ahead lines, Seattle was installed 3-point favorites, and we’ve seen minimal movement (a flicker of 3.5) on the side. We are in “must win” territory for these teams, and where this number goes will ultimately determine the strength of this move, as the key number of “3” is in play here.